Running is fun and healthy
Running helps – and that with almost every symptom or illness. It is not a new finding, however, it has again been established by scientific studies that running, preferably in the fresh air, can alleviate many ailments and sometimes even cure them. Especially now in the Corona Pandemic many people have rediscovered this positive effect for themselves.
Benefits of running
- running is always possible at any time of the day or night
- running is inexpensive. Only an investment in good shoes is recommended
- no matter how old you are… start today … start running and do some laps in the forest or park
- you do not need a training partner
- running is the natural way of human locomotion
- there are hardly any disadvantages
except maybe in case of advanced arthrosis in foot and knee joints. Swimming is often more suitable. But it is always worth a try. At least one can then perhaps reduce the medication somewhat. To achieve a training effect, walking, jogging or brisk walking is necessary 2-3 times a week. For these forms of exercise, it is important to only exert yourself in such a way that you can still have a conversation. A heart rate monitor is certainly helpful.
A rule of thumb at the beginning of training is helpful – 180 minus age. That means for a woman of 50 years the pulse should be 130 per minute. Below this level, there is too little training stimulus – above this level, the heart is permanently overloaded. In case of uncertainty, a sports medical examination with an exercise ECG is useful.
Running in the fresh air, especially in the forest, enhances the healing effect. It increases the vitality of the lungs and the organism can absorb even more pain-relieving terpenes (aromatic scents of trees and other plants).
Positive effects have been observed in the following complaints:
muscular tensions also in the shoulder and neck area are relieved
back pain, psychosomatic complaints, anxiety, sleep disorders, headaches
headaches, tinnitus, menopausal complaints
one becomes calmer and more relaxed, as the cortisol and adrenaline level decreases
anxiety decreases and self-confidence is strengthened
depressive moods decrease and joy of life increases
Improvement of the stress tolerance, one does not get upset so fast anymore.
There are many more things that could be mentioned here, but basically, RUNNING is almost always recommended to increase the general well-being and to develop more joie de vivre. Below you will find a helpful video.
- muscular tensions also in the shoulder and neck area are relieved
- back pain, psychsomatic complaints, anxiety, sleep disorders, headaches
- one becomes calmer and more relaxed, as the cortisol and adrenaline level decreases
- anxiety decreases and joy of life increases
- improvement of the stress tolerance, one does not get upset so fast anymore
There are many more things that could be mentioned here, but basically, RUNNING is almost always recommended to increase the general well-being and to develop more vitality. Below you will find a helpful video.